The Leadership Division of the Independent Bankers Association of Texas (IBAT) elected new board members during its quarterly board meeting in June. Founded in 1985, the IBAT Leadership Division is dedicated to the development of tomorrow’s leaders in community banking.
The 2021–22 executive committee members named to guide the IBAT Leadership Division include:
- Chair Justin Steinbach, senior vice president at Frost Bank in Dallas;
- Chair-Elect Cory Flencher, executive vice president at Citizens State Bank in Brenham;
- Secretary/Treasurer Matt Crable, regional loan president/SBA manager at Texas First Bank in Pearland; and
- Immediate Past Chair Peter Smith, Lubbock market president at American Momentum Bank in Lubbock, Texas.
The IBAT Leadership Division is divided into 13 regions, each of which hosts education and networking events for community bankers in the area throughout the year. Each region has its own president, who also serves as the region’s board member. Several new board members were elected to represent their region.
The newly elected members to the IBAT Leadership Division board of directors include:
- Matt Davies, executive vice president/director of treasury management at Pegasus Bank in Dallas;
- Rick Jamieson, executive vice president/chief credit officer at First State Bank in Gainesville, who will also serve as president of the Leadership Division’s Region 4 (Northeast Texas); and
- Sarah Long, vice president at The First National Bank in Ballinger, who will preside over Region 8 (Central and West Texas).
The newly elected board members of the nearly 500-member division will serve through 2021–22 with several members staying on through 2023. Click here for the complete list of Leadership Division board members.
Formed in 1974, the Independent Bankers Association of Texas represents Texas community banks. The Austin-based group is the largest state community banking organization in the nation, with membership comprised of more than 4,600 banks and branches in 700 Texas communities.